Donate Your Voice Competition Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to Unilever South Africa Proprietary Limited’s (“Unilever”) ‘Donate Your Voice Competition’ (“Competition”). The Competition is promoted by Unilever (“the Promoter”). Visit the Promoter’s landing page at https://www.joko.co.za/en/donate-your-voice.html, submit your pledge against domestic violence in terms of these terms and conditions during the period 25 November 2021 and 10 December 2021, and stand a chance to win one out of twenty Checkers vouchers each to the value of R250.00 (two hundred and fifty rand), redeemable at any Checkers store nation-wide.
1. Participation in this Competition is governed by these terms and conditions (the “Rules”).
2. Participants are encouraged to review the Rules before entering into the Competition and acknowledge that they been given an appropriate opportunity to do so and that they understand and accept these Rules.
3. Your entry into the Competition and/or your acceptance of a Prize (in the event that you win a Prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of these Rules on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons).
4. Any violation or attempt to violate any of these Rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor from the Competition.
5. The Promoter has the right to reject any Participant suspected of fraudulent behaviour or cheating, including without limitation, through the manipulation of codes or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
6. The Promoter has the right to update, correct or verify these Rules at any time during the term of the Competition. The updated, corrected or verified version of the Rules will supersede any errors or omissions made on any publicly communicated documentation or marketing material in relation to this Competition.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Competition at any time for whatever reason, at its sole discretion.
8. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, to amend these Rules or withdraw the Competition, in whole or in part, at any time, temporarily or permanently and without prior notice to Participants.
9. The decision of the Promoter on all matters relating to the Competition is final and binding provided that such decisions are compliant with all applicable laws.
10. These Rules shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
11. The Competition is limited to South African residents (“Participants”). In addition, the following people shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition:
11.1 any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members; and
11.2 people who are not legal residents and/or legal citizens of the Republic of South Africa.
12. Participants under the age of 18 years are not permitted to participate in the Competition unless they are fully assisted by a parent or guardian, who approves of and consents to the minor Participant’s participation in the Competition and the Participant’s receipt/possession of a Prize.
13. On entry, Participants may be required to make an express declaration stating that they are not a Disqualified Participant, nor related to such person.
14. Participants may not enter the Competition more than once during the term of the Competition.
15. A copy of these Rules can be found on the following website: https://www.joko.co.za/en/donate-your-voice.html throughout the period of the Competition or can be obtained on request from the Consumer Call Centre: 031 570 2000/3000.
16. This promotional competition is open from 25 November 2021 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 10 December 2021. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
17. To enter this Competition, Participants are required to:
17.1 access the Competition via the Promoter’s landing page (“Platform”) available via the following link: https://www.joko.co.za/en/donate-your-voice.html;
17.2 to submit their pledge against domestic violence through the narration of a poem presented on the Platform; and
17.3 complete their personal contact details on the Platform.
18. Entries sourced from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will not be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted.
19. Winners of the Prize will be selected at random via a daily draw and contacted directly by the Promoter within 48 (forty eight) hours of being selected (“Winners”).
20. The Promoter shall not be liable, once the Winners have been notified, for any reason, if it is unable to contact a Winner or receive their response for a period longer than 7 (seven) business days.
21. After 4 (four attempts) during the 48 (forty eight) hour notification period as described in clause 18 above, if the Promoter is unable to contact a Winner or if the Winner fails to comply with these Rules, the Promoter may in its sole discretion determine that the Winner forfeits the Prize and decide on a new Winner from the eligible entries. Further, if the Promoter does contact the Winner, but the Winner fails to collect his/her Prize within 2 (two) months of being notified that he/she has won a Prize, the Prize will be forfeited.
22. Participants who submit valid entries in terms of clause 17 will be entered into the Competition and therefore stand a chance to win one out of twenty Checkers vouchers each to the value of R250.00 (two hundred and fifty rand), redeemable at any Checkers store nation-wide (“Prize”). To claim the Prize, Winners are to present the cashier with the SMS sent to their personal cell phone number.
23. Participants will only be entitled to win one Prize for the duration of the Competition.
24. Prizes are personal, non-transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item. In the event that the award of a Prize is subject to any bank charges and/or has any tax implications and or any other cost then the Promoter reserves the right to adjust such Prize to accommodate such charges and costs. Alternatively, in the sole discretion of the Promoter, such charges and or costs shall be for the account of the Winner.
25. Winners will be required to provide proof of their compliance with these Rules before taking receipt of a Prize. As per clause 4, should a Winner be found to have not complied with these Rules, he/she will automatically be disqualified from the Competition, and their Prize forfeited. Winners may also be required to document and sign their acceptance of a Prize for the Promoter’s records.
26. If a Prize is unavailable or for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute the Prize for another prize of equal or greater value without giving notice to the Winner.
INDEMNITIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
27. Participants and Winners absolve the Promoter, as well as its advertising agencies, advisers, and suppliers, from liability for all claims, loss or damages howsoever arising from wilful misconduct or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any such person.
28. Participation in this Competition and subsequent use of a Prize is at the Participant’s and/or Winner’s own risk. Participants and Winners hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter, as well as its employees and staff, organisers of this Competition, advertising agencies, advisers and any other related parties, against all claims, losses and liability whether direct or indirect incurred by any Participant or Winner arising from or in connection with this Competition, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, howsoever arising.
29. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries or for any delayed delivery of a Prize for any reason whatsoever.
30. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this Competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
31. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any misrepresentation caused due to an unintentional copying error, typing error or an error by omission that may occur on any of its promotional material or the Platform in relation to this Competition.
32. Further to clause 8 above, should the Promoter in its sole discretion decide to change or terminate the Competition, all Participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
33. Winners and Participants are to familiarise themselves with the Regulations issued by the Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, including in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act 57 of 2002, as amended from time to time, and are solely responsible for their compliance therewith, specifically with regard to the measures to address, prevent and combat the spread of Covid-19 in spaces and buildings open to the public. The Promoter in no way condones irresponsible Covid-19 behaviour and this Competition should not be interpreted as its endorsement thereof.
35. Other than to its employees or contractors for purposes of conducting the competition and , the Promoter shall not disclose participant’s personal information to any third party, except in the following circumstances:
35.1. where such third party is bound by clause 35 above; and
35.2. the Promoter has received the Participant’s and/or the Winner’s prior written consent.
36. The provisions of clause 35 above shall not apply where the disclosure is required by law, court order or if such personal information is or becomes public knowledge and is in the public domain by any reason other than through an act or omission on the part of the Promoter.
37. For the avoidance of any doubt, Participants and Winners hereby consent to the use of their personal information by the Promoter for the purposes as set out in clause 35 in relation to this Competition.
MARKETING AND PUBLICITY CAMPAIGNS
38. By participating in this Competition, Participants agree to receive future marketing material from the Promoter. The Participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving such marketing material or to request the Promoter to delete their information at any time by contacting the Promoter’s Legal Department on [031 570 2000/3000] or visiting the Promoter’s premises at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051, or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
39. On request, Winners and/or Participants may be required to take part in publicity campaigns for purposes of promoting the Promoter’s brand. Winners and/or Participants shall at all times be entitled to decline such request.
40. Those Winners and/or Participants who agree to take part in any publicity campaign will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for their involvement in the campaign. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoter.